Menu

5k races and bling...

bettyandbob

I don't like running. I run because it is the exercise I can do at the time I exercise and I don't have o spend a lot of money. I think the money part is going to become a problem. I entered a race a few weeks ago. Entrants got a ton of stuff (tech shirt, hat, bath robe, flash light). I wasn't happy with my finish, but I liked the stuff. So, I'm decided to enter another race (I hope to run faster as well as build up to a 10k at tend of the summer). I picked up my race PAC today (tech shirt, nice commemorative pin, glass tumbler). The entry fees were $30 for the first race and $35 for the latest.

I think I will become addicted to the "stuff". So, far it's all stuff I like and will use. I real like the shirts.

Do most races give away this much stuff? Do you decide after a while that you aren't really into the give aways?

Funny. I feel the opposite. I wish there was no stuff. So far, I don't love any of the shirts I've gotten. The only "bling" I'd really like to have is a 13.1 sticker for the car...if I ever get around to doing a half-marathon, which doesn't look promising at the moment.

I've done 10 races in the last four years and none of them come close to that kind of "stuff". The most I've seen is a t-shirt, mini hand sanitizer, granola bar, and medal....and a TON of fliers/coupons.

I don't run the race for the stuff...except when I ran my first full marathon. I wanted that FINISHER shirt, only handed to me after I crossed the finish line. At my second marathon, I got the shirt at the expo. It was such a let down. :lol: