Menu

what 4-H projects are your kids working on?

Word Nerd

We really need to get cracking on fair projects this weekend so we don't end up waiting until the last minute like usual. DD7 looked at a lot of crafts with me on Pinterest for ideas, and after gathering supplies we're going to have a crafty weekend. I may even enter a few things in open class. Any cool 4-H projects you'd like to share?

Ds 1 is working on computer programming, metal castings, research report on uranium mining in Michigan, rocks and minerals display, cartooning, lead pencil drawing, baked clay landscape, and rocketry.

Ds 2 - chemistry, physics, water conservation engineering, temperate rainforest conservation, Michigan Invasive Species report, international endangered species, short story writing, and rocketry

Ds 3 - astronomy, lighter than air aeronautics, robotics engineering, rainwater collection/conservation, botanical display, short story writing, landforms - specifically volcanos and their underlying structure/how that changes the type of eruption, copper tooling, and sewing.

Outside of a a couple of fine arts projects and one textiles, it's all science.

Faith

My cloverbud is doing cardinals. His older brother is doing Ohio Birds and the two of them like to bird watch together.

My other 2 are working on scrapbooking and small engines. Not too many fun crafty things for these projects.

Dd6 (CloverKid) is taking a stepping stone and a Coral Reef Diorama. I am hoping to have her write a "Can you find...a sea anemone, a sea urchin, a starfish, etc.....?" list for the diorama.

She also has a Snow Leopards poster from the Communication Contest a few months ago that will meet her there.