Menu

Fiddlesticks! My three month old frames broke.

QuirkyKapers

I have been trying to get adjusted to these progressive lenses. I have had them before but I still hate them. This place made my lenses from my two year old perscription. Things weren't quite right. So, after about 3 weeks, they suggested I schedule an eye exam to make sure that wasn't the issu, so I did. After not having a new perscription for over 10 years, it had indeed changed. They remade my lenses. (The place has a 90 day remake policy if things aren't right. No charge). They made a few adjustments, but I was having issues with clarity, especially at night and in my home. Although they didn't really want to, I had them draw those little red circles and see how everything lined up. Turns out, it wasn't right, my one eye was pulling the wrong way. Got the new lenses. They adjusted the frames. Went in a week later because it wasn't right. I asked the guy to do the red circles to just check that everything was right. He wouldn't. He said the lab checks everything to make sure they were o.k. He was in a really bad mood and was really rude. A couple days later, they still weren't right. Went back in. Told the guy I am sorry that I keep coming in. He said he shouldn't have acted the way he did. It has been a week since than. I put my glasses on last night, the nose piece breaks on one side. So, I get to buy an entire new frame. Yippee. Nothing like throwing money down the toliet. :glare: I get that I am driving them crazy, but I am so mad that the dang glasses frame broke.

The frames may have a warranty. Bug them again and ask. My 8 mo old son (at the time) pulled my new glasses off my faces, breaking the frames. Rather than doing anything about it, I just wore my old glasses. At my checkup the following year, after telling them what had happened, I was informed there had been a one year warranty on the frames. Doh.

For future reference, Sam's Club not only has fantastic prices on glasses, they have an unconditional one year warranty.

One of my sons had his glasses fall off and get stepped on. It was something like two weeks short of a year since we had bought them. Took the pieces in, and they got him a brand new pair of glasses free.

Another son got some new glasses with a new prescription. When they came in, they just didn't work, mostly because he has a VERY strong prescription, and the bigger lenses ended up being too thick on the sides. Took them back, and they got him a new, better pair, again for free.

My brother in law is an optometrist back in our home state. He has offered to get us back-up glasses at this cost, but he can't beat Sam's Club. An ophthalmologist friend of his buys his contacts for re-sale at Sam's.

Oh, and at least here, you do not have to be a Sam's Club member to get eyeglasses (or contacts), prescriptions, or alcohol.