Menu

How to schedule GSWL

jillian

We just did a lesson per day. Nothing really to schedule. Since your child is younger, you could split a lesson into two days if you need to.

The first 6 or so lessons go quickly, and we actually did several the first day, but once you get more words and concepts under your belt, one lesson per day is plenty.

We only did it 2 days per week for most of the year, as Latin was low priority. Toward the end of the year, we did it daily.

We just did a lesson per day. Nothing really to schedule. Since your child is younger, you could split a lesson into two days if you need to.

The first 6 or so lessons go quickly, and we actually did several the first day, but once you get more words and concepts under your belt, one lesson per day is plenty.

We only did it 2 days per week for most of the year, as Latin was low priority. Toward the end of the year, we did it daily.

Thanks. I have looked through a few lessons and thought "this would go so quickly" but if it gets more challenging later on we will be doing it Monday and Friday--new lessons, and then review throughout the week.

We're doing it very slowly as a simple introduction to Latin. Oldest is almost 6. We do a lesson every couple of days, then I work the vocabulary or grammar into conversation. It helps that Daddy is a nauta. ;)

We also use the CD only from Song School Latin. I keep it in the car and the kids request their "Latin songs" every time we run errands. We'll switch to Prima Latina and Latina Christiana down the road, but this is something light and fun for now.

I find it best to do 3 days of lessons a week (1 lesson each day) and then do 1 day of review. I make flashcards out of the words and that is what they study on review day. It helps us get through the lessons faster when they really know the words well:)