Menu

This probably has an obvious answer that i'm missing - ECs

My kids' EC's showed up three times in their applications, not including any mention of them in essays --

1) All colleges app that I have seen have a spot for listing EC's. (The spot on the application may be TINY and may limit the number you can put. Also, if your kid has "bizarre" EC's that would benefit from an explanatory note, there is usually no room for explanation on the application.)

2) I include EC highlights on my kids' transcripts (2-sided -- the front for classes and the back for test scores and other activities/awards/employment)

3) We include an Activities Sheet with my kids' applications. It was several pages long and listed (by general grouping) all of their EC's. I grouped them differently according to the kids' focus and interests, but always included all employment and volunteer work as well as leadership positions and activities of interest.

I used this template from HSLDA. Woops, guess the link to a PDF wasn't allowed. It's on this page:

http://www.hslda.org/highschool/academics.asp#TR

Down at the bottom where it has space for attachments and such, I changed it to be my key and short list of ECs. I'll copy-past what I put on his last transcript when he was applying for dual credit college courses (I'll probably change some things for his senior transcript).

IP = Credits In Progress

* Dual credit college courses

0.25 high school credit per credit

Extracurricular

þ Yearly Service Project, grades 9-11

þ Math Team, including AMC competitions, grades 8-10

þ Driver’s Ed, Homeschool, grades 9-10