Menu

Logistical Questions about Hake Grammar and Analytical Grammar

I'm trying to figure out our grammar approach and have a very long-winded post related to that. However, in the meantime, I'd like to get a few logistical questions about Hake Grammar and Analytical Grammar answered.

1. How long did your student spend each day on a lesson?
  2. Can I start my kids at grade level with Hake?
  3. I’ve seen some people mention they stretch Hake out over 2 years and only do every other book. Could I start my 7th grader in Hake 8 and stretch it out over 2 years? Or since this is the last book, should I really start him in Hake 7 and have him do 7 and 8 (either one a year or stretching them both over 2 years).

Thanks!

I'm trying to figure out our grammar approach and have a very long-winded post related to that. However, in the meantime, I'd like to get a few logistical questions about Hake Grammar and Analytical Grammar answered.

1. How long did your student spend each day on a lesson? my ds spends about 15-20min. on a lesson, he'd probably be done sooner, IF he'd just do the lesson and not complain about it. I do allow him to write IN the student book.

2. Can I start my kids at grade level with Hake? I think so, there's alot of review at the beginning and throughout the book.

3. I’ve seen some people mention they stretch Hake out over 2 years and only do every other book. Could I start my 7th grader in Hake 8 and stretch it out over 2 years? Or since this is the last book, should I really start him in Hake 7 and have him do 7 and 8 (either one a year or stretching them both over 2 years). Personally, I would just start him in book 8, and stretch it over two years or have him completer it over the summer.

Thanks!

1. How long did your student spend each day on a lesson?

2. Can I start my kids at grade level with Hake?

3. I’ve seen some people mention they stretch Hake out over 2 years and only do every other book. Could I start my 7th grader in Hake 8 and stretch it out over 2 years? Or since this is the last book, should I really start him in Hake 7 and have him do 7 and 8 (either one a year or stretching them both over 2 years).

Thanks!

We used Hake Grammar last year and will continue this year. I second everything mama25angels said, especially about doing level 8 instead of level 7 if you want to skip. If you look at the TOCs, they are very similar in concepts covered, 8 just goes into more depth.