Menu

Stressing about finding grammar and writing for my "box checking" DD9.

ChristusG

DD9 is a "box checker." She's always loved workbooks where she can actually SEE her progress and know if she's almost done with her work for the day. If I try to throw in an activity, she quickly does it just to be finished. She doesn't usually take her time. That being said....I'm not really sure what to do with her for language arts. We haven't really done anything any more formal than FLL1 and part of 2 in the past. However, the repetitiveness is driving me nuts. And we did most of Winning With Writing, but she really dislikes writing.

I actually bought Easy Grammar 3 (because I don't think she's ready for 4 even though she'll be in 4th grade) at a convention last week. But now I'm beginning to wonder if I made the right decision. I've looked at Learning Language Arts Through Literature online. And then I started exploring things like MCT Island. I'm just not sure what to do.

Do I need a writing program in addition to a grammar one? What do you guys think? I need something that will interest her and prompt her to actually want to write.

Any advice will be appreciated!