Menu

Any Weaver Curriculum users here?

It was our "first love" back in 2007. We used it for one year and loved it. Then life happened and I didn't have the time or energy to plan. But I always looked back fondly and missed it. Well, I am going back to it for ds10 this August. He and I did FUFI this year (Chronicles of Narnia unit study) and it was WONDERFUL! I actually enjoyed planning and pulling ideas together, and he had a fantastic year. So, my heart is settled about using Weaver again. Both my dd12 and dd5 will join us for some things, but they will both have their own main curriculum. Just wondering who else uses Weaver?

• 2 months later...

Our family used it when our oldest was K through 3rd grade.  Absolutely wonderful experience (making learning fun), which led us into Unit Studies, because I had learned how to make my own . . .and then move into our version of the WTM to fill the gaps.  Interlock (for K) is an overview of Creation.  It is sold by Alpha Omega here.

https://www.aophomeschooling.com/weaver_overview

You can also search the WTM forum for previous discussions about it.

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/475368-so-of-my-own-thread-about-the-weaver-curriculum-returning-to-a-previous-curriculum/?hl=%2Bweaver&do=findComment&comment=4999664

Since I don't like any canned curriculum, I re-worked it for our family.  But it gives ideas for all different ages.  I personally would not use it for a college prep-type high schooler, but it really did open the doors for our older children to love learning.  And I incorporate many of the ideas in our current version of the WTM.  (Primarily History & Science, with Bible.)

I'm sure others will chime in.

Our family used it when our oldest was K through 3rd grade.  Absolutely wonderful experience (making learning fun), which led us into Unit Studies, because I had learned how to make my own . . .and then move into our version of the WTM to fill the gaps.  Interlock (for K) is an overview of Creation.  It is sold by Alpha Omega here.

Alpha Omega bought the Weaver from Becky Avery a very long time ago. :-)