Menu

Winning With Writing Level 1 for first grader...

Guest toomanymittens

Guest toomanymittens

Has anyone used this? I have used Growing With Grammar (upper levels) many years ago and really liked it! Now the author has so many more offerings. The Growing With Grammar for Level 1 looks like it would overlap quite a bit with WWW Level 1. Based on samples, if I had to go with just one, I would go with WWW Level 1. Anyone else considering this? Both seem like overkill!! Thanks.

I was looking into both of those for 1st grade next year, and emailed the company about that same question: overlapping content.

Here is what their reply was: "There is some repetition between Growing With Grammar level 1 and Winning With Writing level 1. Mrs. Davis (the author) found it necessary to introduce the grammar that was necessary to teach proper sentence structure in the writing program. There was no way around it and it caused some repetition. Some folks like it because it gives their children plenty of review and some find it's a bit too much. It's a personal choice."

Didn't really help with my decision, but does make sense.