Menu

Level 2 Reading books

Rubix

Hi, I am looking for ideas for readers for my DD. She's reading comfortably at about a level 2 reader. Some hits have been Amelia Bedelia (although these were challenging to her), Henry and Mudge, Magic School Bus, and the Winnie the Pooh Level 2's.

She also likes the level 1 or pre-level 1 to read just for fun. For example, Puppy Mudge, Mittens, Biscuit. These books she can read through in 1-2 minutes but she likes them for the cuteness factor.

Any books around this reading ability level that have been hits at your house? Any at a higher level that you recommend? Animal based books are usually a hit, and she likes series (like the Henry and Mudge books) where there are multiple books with the same characters.

Thanks!

My dd likes Frog and Toad, Little Bear even better, and something about Kate and a horse....Cowgirl Kate I think. Maybe the horse's name is Cocoa? I forget, the library didn't have any today. :(

Oh, one more she got today was called A Best Friend for Frances. She loves Frances. I am not much for things like Barbie and Tangled, but I know there are some at this level. I will let her get one occasionally, but the branch of the library that we go to regularly is smallish and doesn't have many of those, for this I am grateful.

There is a Cynthia Rylant series with Annie (from Henry and Mudge) as the main character. My ds loves Mr Putter and Tabby even more than Henry and Mudge. They are just a little more difficult, but not too much.

We really like Usborne beginner books. They are non-fiction and on a variety of topics.