Menu

Anyone using Memoria Press Copywork Books?

Plain_Jane

Was just wondering what your opinions on them are. They seem nicely laid out, but very simplistic as they seem to be mostly Bible verses. I thought copywork would be more writing out sentences from the "Great Books" to learn sentence structure and grammar. Not that the bible isn't a good source... any thoughts before I go out and purchase?

I keep telling myself that I can come up with my own copywork sentences each day, but, well... nope. :o I just can't seem to keep up!

Yes, I am using these this year. I am using level 2 and level 3. I have been very pleased with them. Both my son's are doing well with these books. They are mainly Bible verses- but that is what I prefer. I believe level 3 is all Bible verses... I highly recommend them and plan on using them with my other children as well!

I like how they have you have your child go back and "edit" their work. This has really helped my sons' pay more attention to their puctuation.

We do not do the Bible lesson portion as we do other Bible in our school. We do read the verse one day, discuss, and allow the child to ask questions, do the copywork, edit/correct the copywork, and then illustrate the verse. Sometimes they need a little help with ideas for their picture. Sometimes their picture is not as "beautiful" as I would prefer... but their handwriting is coming along nicely.

I hope this helps.

Rebecca

I keep telling myself that I can come up with my own copywork sentences each day, but, well... nope. :o I just can't seem to keep up!

That's exactly why I decided to purchase the MP copybooks. I just received the first one a couple of weeks ago, and dd6 is enjoying drawing the pictures to go with the sentences. At this stage of the game, they are good reinforcement of just writing and spelling for dd; she'll have plenty of time to get to the Great Books' sentences!