Menu

Playroom storage furniture....Pottery Barn??

We have a small area (app. 10x10) that I am going to turn into the playroom.

I need to store things such as: Legos, Playmobil, dolls, art supplies, blocks, Hot Wheels, our old homeschool manipulatives and hundreds of books. Our current system is dozens of Rubbermaid containers all over the house, and I'm ready for something nice for our finished basement.

I am really considering the Pottery Barn kids storage systems and a matching table.

If you own this, what do you think of the quality? Worth the expense? Will the kid's table be too small (ages 5, 7 & 9)?

Please recommend ANY other brands. I've considered some units from Target. I've checked Land of Nod but not seeing the larger units that I'm interested in.

Any suggestions and ideas welcome!

Stanley Furniture has a line for children called Young America. We have done 3 rooms over the years with this line. The furniture is very sturdy and durable, top of the line. It is a better quality than Pottery Barn. We have also had several of the children's tables from Pottery Barn. The one that got the most use was one that had drawers and a paper roll on the side. The chairs are of good quality and the colors are rich. My kiddos grow out of those tables by about age 9.

We use Ikea Expedit cube shelves with Target Itso fabric bins. My kids never have used tables in a play room. They prefer the floor. I even got rid of the train table, but kept he trains/tracks/accessories. They'd rather build it all on the floor.

Stanley Furniture has a line for children called Young America. We have done 3 rooms over the years with this line. The furniture is very sturdy and durable, top of the line. It is a better quality than Pottery Barn. We have also had several of the children's tables from Pottery Barn. The one that got the most use was one that had drawers and a paper roll on the side. The chairs are of good quality and the colors are rich. My kiddos grow out of those tables by about age 9.

Funny that you mention that brand. That's the brand of my boys bunk beds and dresser. I checked the site this morning, but didn't really find anything. I'm going to check it again closer though, I might have missed organization furniture. Thanks for mentioning it!

I'll second ikea expedit and add a recommendation for trofast... yes I know it is not 100% wood, but it is sturdy and heavy. I am right now looking at getting some trofast for DSs legos.

Things are so easy to access and put away. We have done more crafts since I got 2 trofast for our classroom. It is just so easy to grab the things you need and clean up. (right now legos are sorted into rubbermaid like yours...)