Menu

Has anyone used Timberlake Basic Chemistry?

Looking to do a honors level Introduction to Chemistry. I want something challenging and requiring at least basic algebra. Saw this, but I am having difficulty finding any reviews. I am willing to do something else, but it needs to be secular. Thanks in advance.

Looking to do a honors level Introduction to Chemistry. I want something challenging and requiring at least basic algebra. Saw this, but I am having difficulty finding any reviews. I am willing to do something else, but it needs to be secular. Thanks in advance.

Here's a link to a "top 10 list" on amazon that's been created by a college chemistry professor. One of Timberlake's texts appears as #10 on that list. I think it's the one for health science majors. Sorry, I don't know anything about the Basic Chemistry text. Hopefully, someone will chime in.

http://www.amazon.com/Top-CHEMISTRY-TEXTBOOKS-Prof-Krasnic/lm/R1NI0HDLAFH8RE

HTH,

Jennifer

I teach an Honors level chemistry course using Tro's Introductory Chemistry. You will need to use at the least the 3rd edition because everything for the older editions is out of print.

I bought several texts on amazon to compare and this is the text that won. The other texts I looked at were Prentice Hall Chemistry (way too much fluff), World of Chemistry (solid course, but not honors level), and Corwin's Introductory Chemistry (explanations weren't very good).