Menu

Dr. Hive..how bad would it be to take twice the dose of antibiotic

PrincessMommy

I'm on Cipro 2x per day for a UTI. I started the meds late yesterday with one dose. This morning I got up and got my tea and then sat down. Totally forgot to take my meds --- or so I thought. I'm pretty sure I didn't, but I counted the pills to be doubly sure and there's 8 there (should be 9). I really don't remember taking my med. It's big and the tea was hot, I think I'd remember! Is it possible the pharmacist miscounted 10 pills?? I'm still in considerable pain, so I really don't want to accidentally miss a dose either. i've been on Cipro before and it doesn't make me feel that great anyway. But, how bad would it be to take 2 doses at once? Ugh. I'm so frustrated with myself.

No biggie. Just get back on track. Many times the doc tells me to take 2 to start and then one to follow....

I think you are fine! I would make a chart for your fridge and just check off when you take your meds....I am screwy in that if I don't checklist everything it either doesn't get done or it gets done repeatedly.

Thanks everyone. The mystery has been solved! I found the wayward pill up by my bedside. I had taken it out to take right after I woke up but had to pee WAY too badly to wait (LOL). Then I promptly forgot about it, and went downstairs to make my tea. Thanks for everyone's advice.