Menu

If you're torn over giving up coffee (again) for adrenal purposes...

Ann.without.an.e

Yay!! I love my coffee... I literally go to bed looking forward to that first morning cup....so comfort food for me!

My bean grinder is broken and I haven't gotten around to buying a new one, so I've only purchased their ground coffee. Wish I could tell you.

There are lots of studies showing the health benefits of coffee! Here's a great article that summarizes several of coffee's health benefits, with references/links to the various scientific studies that the article is based on. Key points from the article:

• Caffeine potently blocks an inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain, leading to a net stimulant effect. Controlled trials show that caffeine improves both mood and brain function.
  • Caffeine raises the metabolic rate and helps to mobilize fatty acids from the fat tissues. It can also enhance physical performance.
  • Drinking coffee is associated with a drastically reduced risk of type II diabetes. People who drink several cups per day are the least likely to become diabetic.
  • Coffee is associated with a much lower risk of dementia and the neurodegenerative disorders Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.
  • Coffee appears to be protective against certain liver disorders, lowering the risk of liver cancer by 40% and cirrhosis by as much as 80%.
  • Coffee consumption has been associated with a lower risk of death in prospective epidemiological studies, especially in type II diabetics.
  • Coffee contains a decent amount of several vitamins and minerals. It is also the biggest source of antioxidants in the modern diet.

Brew yourself some coffee, stat! :)

Yay!! I love my coffee... I literally go to bed looking forward to that first morning cup....so comfort food for me!

You could do like me and get so encouraged by this thread that you drink a little too much coffee around 4ish and then forget bedtime exists :cheers2: