Menu

How to label DE courses on a transcript?

Ds 16 (a junior) took two years of French through BJU and then dual enrolled at our local university this year. I labelled his first two years French I and French 2. The DE course is the third in the French sequence at the university and is entitled "French 203". I am not sure how to label it because I don't want two "French 2"s on the transcript.

Here is what I have come up with so far:

French 1, French 2, French 3*

French 1, French 2, College French*

French 1, French 2, French 203*

(* denotes DE at the bottom of the page)

Which is the best? Are there other options I am not thinking of? I want to make sure admissions knows that the third class was not a repeat of the first two.

Thanks.

French 1

French 2

French 203 (at xyz Uni)

I would include the official course description of the college course with your course descriptions, if you include such a document.

ETA: In addition, I list DE classes in bold print, and explain this in the explanations.

I would definitely list the college course with exactly the same number it will appear on the college's transcript that is also sent to the schools your student applies to.

ETA: In addition, I list DE classes in bold print, and explain this in the explanations.

I would definitely list the college course with exactly the same number it will appear on the college's transcript that is also sent to the schools your student applies to.

:iagree:

Here's how I'm doing ours. The Notes explain italics at PS and bold at CC.

Spanish 1

Spanish 2

Elementary Spanish 1 (SPN 1120)

Elementary Spanish 2 (SPN 1121)

Ds 16 (a junior) took two years of French through BJU and then dual enrolled at our local university this year. I labelled his first two years French I and French 2. The DE course is the third in the French sequence at the university and is entitled "French 203".

If this is saying that he went into the 3rd semester of French at CC, I am IMPRESSED! :thumbup:

French 1

French 2

French 203 (at xyz Uni)

I would include the official course description of the college course with your course descriptions, if you include such a document.

If this is saying that he went into the 3rd semester of French at CC, I am IMPRESSED! :thumbup:

Thanks Sue! Ds says to tell you that he was miserable and doesn't recommend the sequence (LOL). But he did work hard and ended up with an A in the class. I tell him that it built character. :lol:

French 1

French 2

French 203 (at xyz Uni)

I concur.

The science portion of my daughter's transcript looked like this:

Physical Science

Chemistry (Lab)

G 101: Earth's Dynamic Interior (Lab)

G 102 Earth's Dynamic Surface (Lab)

G 146: Rocks and Minerals (Lab)

The Notes section of my daughter's transcript included the fact that normal typeface classes were done at home while bolded courses were taken at the local community college. We too provided course descriptions.

If you'd like to see a copy of my daughter's transcript and course descriptions, send me a personal message with your email address and I'd be happy to send them along.

Regards,

Kareni