Menu

Sue in St. Pete...or others...Laurel Tree Tutorials question

Hello Sue (or others),

Based on your review of Laurel Tree Tutorials, I am seriously considering putting my 15 year old son in the high school composition course next year.

Some quick questions. How did your son handle the "short story" that is one of the writing assignments? Did he find this assignment difficult? My son does not enjoy writing creative papers/poems/stories, etc. He does fine with lit analysis, research, description, and the like. What do you think? Would it be crazy to keep him out of a worthwhile course just because of one assignment? Were there any other "creative" assignments?

Thanks!

I don't know that ds liked the short story assignment any better or worse than the others. He's not particularly fond of writing, though he is much better at it due to LT. He read enough of the Percy Jackson type books that he patterned his short story after an adventure story. The character sketch at the end might be considered creative, but it's short compared to the rest.

I remember telling a friend that my idea of h*ll was having to read and critique a dozen high schoolers short stories. Takes all kinds to make the world go round. :lol:

Gotta run. Company to entertain...

I remember telling a friend that my idea of h*ll was having to read and critique a dozen high schoolers short stories. Takes all kinds to make the world go round. :lol:

Hysterical! A unique form of torture...

Still not sure if this the right fit for my ds. I'll keep looking and thinking. Thanks for your help!