Menu

Finidng a hair product

Night Elf

that doesn't cause acne. Dd15 got her hair cut and now has side bangs. The salon gave her control paste that keeps those bangs from hanging straight. But now her forehead is riddled with acne, probably because the hair is on her forehead all day. Is it possible to find a product that will still give that control but doesn't affect the skin?

Dd18 (stylist) says that it's probably the hair, not the product. Hair makes the oils travel to the face (the brushing of the hair on the face). What product/company?

But she didn't get the acne until she started using this product. Her hair style was straight bangs before and they laid on her forehead too but she didn't have acne. This came up suddenly and is all over her forehead, not just a few bumps, but literally all over. They are little red hard bumps. It's called Aveda Control Paste, finishing paste with flax seed.

She's thinking it's more of an allergic reaction.

What kind of product is she looking for?

We did think about that and she tried a patch on her arm and had no reaction. Basically she needs some type of molding paste that pulls her bangs to the side. I told her to wash her face twice a day and use benzoyl peroxide. She's just thankful it's only under her bangs and not on her whole face, which is clear. This is just bizarre. I was thinking something like a hypoallergenic hair paste but I can't find anything with a google search. She's kept the product out of her hair for 2 days now since she doesn't have school. I don't think it looks bad at all but she's worried about the style since she's trying to follow what her stylist suggested. Oh well. Thanks for your help. Tell your dd I said thank you!