Menu

8th gr writing dilemma

We're toying with the idea of sending dd to a small charter school for high school, so I might only have one more year with her at home. She's always been an excellent writer, started with WWE and then some IEW. She really wants to be an author and works on different writing projects outside of school. Her stories become very complex and she often doesn't finish b/c she's never satisfied with her work. Her academic papers have always been good. I think she would really enjoy One Year Adventure Novel, but I know that WWS would probably benefit her more before heading off to a classroom. If I used WWS, I'd likely pair it with TCW, I'm just afraid that wouldn't be enough creative writing to make her happy. I'm afraid OYAN and WWS would be too much.

Any opinions/advice?

Jen

For an already excellent writer, I would go ahead and use OYAN.

Of course, this is coming from one who has just hesitantly agreed to allow her drama loving, screenwriter-hopeful, upcoming 8th grade dd to use Movies as Literature as her primary English program this fall. :D

For an already excellent writer, I would go ahead and use OYAN.

Of course, this is coming from one who has just hesitantly agreed to allow her drama loving, screenwriter-hopeful, upcoming 8th grade dd to use Movies as Literature as her primary English program this fall. :D

:iagree:

I'd take advantage of a last chance to use something really tailored towards her.