Menu

History and Science One Day a Week?

I had an idea the other day since we are not fitting in history and science, I thought we could schedule one day a week that was just history and science. We always do Bible and reading daily, but other than that, the only subjects of that day would be history and science. We can easily finish what we need to in the other subjects the other 4 days. I would imagine we would spend 1 1/2 - 2 hours on history (with breaks of course) and then the rest of the day on science - which my daughter loves and is missing doing.

Is anyone doing this? How is it going for you? What do you all think? :confused1:

We did this for a number of months, and my dd loved it! She begged for "Super Science Day" often, more than once a week. If we didnt have a day taken up with co-op now, we would still be doing this! It made that day a very fun day, and she barely noticed making up the extra math etc on the other 4 days.

This is how we do it. M-Th are all our skill based subjects, and on Friday we do science, history and geography. I really like doing it this way--I don't feel rushed to finish up a craft or experiment, and we can just have fun and go at our own pace. My kids really look forward to it, and it is a way for us to keep our content subjects from becoming something we just rush through to get done. Next year my oldest will likely have extra history and science assignments to be done during the week, but I hope to keep all the "fun" stuff for Fridays.

We have been doing this but it's on Saturdays at our house. It's just easier to do experiments/projects when dad is around to get the 1 yr old. Try it.. you'll love it! And you can always go back.

This sounds like a good idea for Saturdays and that would allow me to take one day off during the week to go on field trips or do something fun or just have a day off mid-week.

Thanks everyone for chiming in! :hurray: