Menu

Free Tablet Class Math videos

Thought I'd pass this along:

Hello Homeschooler!

As a way to support your homeschooling effort I have created a new website- “HomeschoolMathOnline.comâ€.    I have invested a tremendous amount of effort to build this FREE site so I’m excited to share it with you.  I use my TabletClass Math videos for all the lessons- actually the courses are kind of like a “basic†version of my full TabletClass Math Courses.  Each course is quite extensive and will absolutely help your homeschooler become a “whiz†at middle and high school math.  The link is below and please tell your friends as I’m certain this site will be “one of a kindâ€. 

PS:  I plan to add much, much more to the site so stay tuned!

http://homeschoolmathonline.com/

John

Best Regards,

John Zimmerman

President / Founder

TabletClass.com, LLC

Clear and Understandable Math

Thanks Beckett, we have been using TC this school year for Pre-A and have been very pleased with it. We found it to be a bit on the rigorous side which was perfect for ds11. We plan on continuing with it into Algebra 1. How far have you gone with it?

Thanks again,

Does TC offer plenty of review or is it a mastery program?

TC's lessons build upon each other as most algebraic concepts do. So the way I look at it is review is built-in every time one gets to the next level. For example ds11 is currently doing polynomials in Pre-A. But way back in the beginning he was learning about single and multi-step equations. So as he progresses he continues to apply the same concepts learned earlier and thru this use it acts as review. Also at the end of every chapter there are review notes note and extra practice problems to review the concepts before they take the chapter test. I find the chapter tests to be great tools for evaluating retension and understanding. If more were missed in a particular area we go back and review over those concepts. Furthermore, TC Pre-A is strongly rooted in Algebra 1. So as ds11 finishes up Pre-A, it is really nice to see the mapping it has to Algebra 1. In Algebra 1 he will be covering many of the same concepts covered but in greater depth. Consequently there will be a lot of review followed by expansion upon it.

Awesome! Tablet Class is one of my top 3 I'm considering for Alg!

What are the exact differences between this free thing and the actual TC? Are the free ones considered a full course?

My understanding is these new 'free' videos are to be used as supplemental and are not 'Full' courses. They don't have the full curriculum including the problems (Example Sets) with fully worked out solutions via video, nor do they have practice problems, review notes or chapter tests. If you run the free demo from the TC website you will see the differences: http://www.tabletcla...efaultdemo.aspx

These would be great resources to use similar to Khan or AoPS videos.

Ah, I see, thanks for the explanation. I will watch the demo later. Basically, is it that the free one is just the same thing but it is ONLY the explanation part (with no example sets, practice probs, review notes, chap tests)? Or is it that the explanation part is also shortened?

Dd really loved the few we watched today. To the point of wanting to do that for Pre-alg instead of the Saxon 8/7 we're doing (we're halfway through it but it's mostly been review of arithmetic and not a ton of pre-alg yet).

I don't think we'll switch-she really needs the spiral right now. But I will add in the free ones as supplemental for sure! And it has moved WAYYY up on my list for Alg for the fall.

The only reservation I have with going w/ it for Alg is that it is not time-tested and proven-no online reviews, etc., since it's so new, which is a little scary as opposed to going with Foerster's!

Ah, I see, thanks for the explanation. I will watch the demo later. Basically, is it that the free one is just the same thing but it is ONLY the explanation part (with no example sets, practice probs, review notes, chap tests)? Or is it that the explanation part is also shortened?

Dd really loved the few we watched today. To the point of wanting to do that for Pre-alg instead of the Saxon 8/7 we're doing (we're halfway through it but it's mostly been review of arithmetic and not a ton of pre-alg yet).

I don't think we'll switch-she really needs the spiral right now. But I will add in the free ones as supplemental for sure! And it has moved WAYYY up on my list for Alg for the fall.

The only reservation I have with going w/ it for Alg is that it is not time-tested and proven-no online reviews, etc., since it's so new, which is a little scary as opposed to going with Foerster's!

Glad to hear your dd enjoyed the lessons. As far as the video lengths go I'm not certain. I just did a quick review of the free site and the videos looked similar if not the same as the class. That would be a good one to ask John Zimmerman via email. He is very helpful and responsive to questions. email: john.zimmerman@tabletclass.com

In terms of your concern, I had the same initially. But after thoroughly reviewing the S&S and demo'ing the product I was more comfortable with giving it a try. I also found a few glowing reviews on this forum which introduced me to the program to begin with. That said I also have three other Pre-A texts (MUS, Dolciani & Lials) and three other Algebra 1 texts (Foerster, Dolciani & AoPS) which I can supplement with if/when needed. We actually started Pre-A with MUS and Lials was a flop.

I've created a matrix of their S&S which you can also use if interested: Algebra 1 S&S matrix. This allows me to easily supplement from any of these texts If I want to elaborate or present another perspective. I must admit that I tend to go overboard with both research and textbooks. And the older classics can be picked up for pennies on the dollar. I just like having multiple sources available. Overall I've found Khan and AoPS to be best for supplementing this year. ds11 really likes both.