Menu

XPOST: CTY Online Registration

I'd like to sign up my ds for one or two of their classes for next fall. His PSAT scores qualify him, but I am having a hard time figuring anything out on their website (apparently my PSAT scores do not qualify me).

Can I just use their online form to sign him up for a class?

Has he enrolled in the talent search yet? There is an application (parent nomination is an option for homeschoolers) and a fee of $38.00. That is usually the first step to programs like CTY, TIP, etc.

Then you would need to send them a copy of his official PSAT score report.

Once they have him in the talent search and his qualifying scores logged you would have the ability to enroll him.

Unless CTY's policy has changed within the last year, you do not have to go through CTY's Talent Search in order to participate in either the online classes or the summer programs.

I register my kids for the SAT through the College Board and save the talent search registration fees. With my oldest son, I simply faxed a copy of his score report to CTY once I received the hard copy from the College Board. For my middle son, I had the College Board send the scores directly to CTY (CTY is listed as a score recipient on the College Board website.)

Both methods were acceptable to the folks at CTY.

Has he enrolled in the talent search yet? There is an application (parent nomination is an option for homeschoolers) and a fee of $38.00. That is usually the first step to programs like CTY, TIP, etc.

Then you would need to send them a copy of his official PSAT score report.

Once they have him in the talent search and his qualifying scores logged you would have the ability to enroll him.

No, can he still do it in 10th grade? I can't quite figure that out on their site.

Unless CTY's policy has changed within the last year, you do not have to go through CTY's Talent Search in order to participate in either the online classes or the summer programs.

I register my kids for the SAT through the College Board and save the talent search registration fees. With my oldest son, I simply faxed a copy of his score report to CTY once I received the hard copy from the College Board. For my middle son, I had the College Board send the scores directly to CTY (CTY is listed as a score recipient on the College Board website.)

Both methods were acceptable to the folks at CTY.

So did you just sign up for the course online and then fax or email the PSAT scores?

Okay I finally found an email that I can write to, so I am doing that. It appears I maybe too early for next fall's classes.

I would call and ask them what to do. I know they will accept tests you have already taken but I was under the impression that you still had to pay the Talent Search fees to enroll in the program. I think the difference is that at 10th grade you just wouldn't be eligible for some of the various recognition ceremonies associated with the talent search.

ETA: Here is their number: 410-735-4100

So did you just sign up for the course online and then fax or email the PSAT scores?

I emailed the scores first in order to get my son registered in their system. Once your child is registered, he will be given a student id number that you will need to use to register for online classes and summer camps.