Menu

If I loved ...AAS,RightStart A &B, OPG anything else you would recommend?

cagirlintexas

I am putting a large order in this summer. l have a budget going into next year but might not the year after so order a few extras. So far I am ordering

Right Start C & D

All About Spelling 4-6 already have 1-3

Writing with Ease - the whole program

Story of the world audio books, activity books, text, 1-4

Explode the code A,B,C,1,2 for my younger son

Already ordered the whole elementary series of Life Of Fred.

As far as science I can't find something I love. We have McRuffy which actually is nice and I like but for some reason just doesn't get done. We do alot of lego robotics though so I am ordering more of that type of stuff.

Anyway is there any other curriculum I am missing that I would love for the early years?

Mathematical Reasoning books by Critical Thinking Company

Math games by Muggins Math

Small Snap Circuits set

Discover & Do Science dvds by Sonlight

Puertas Abiertas if you want them to learn Spanish

Age appropriate children's science encyclopedias, and other DK-type science books to pore over

BFSU for science

Life of Fred Kidney, Liver, and Mineshaft (if you still have money left over :D)

Melody Lane by Calvert for music appreciation

Singapore Math CWP or Visible Thinking in Mathematics

Discover & Do Science dvds by Sonlight hey do you buy these dvd's with the supplies from sonlight? This might actually be what we need for science. I am so bad at science. We got Homeschool Art Studio for this year and we actually do art occasionally now. This might be what it woudl take to get science done.

We seem to have similar tastes . . . so I'll recommend Nancy Larson Science:

http://www.nancylarsonpublishers.com/

After researching this one quite a bit, I bought to do next year with my rising 1st and 2nd graders. Full disclosure - I haven't actually started yet, but the materials look fabulous. And my husband, who is a medical educator, was extremely impressed.

HTH. :)

Perhaps for some fun stuff I would through in:

https://handsnhearts.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1

I think they are a great supplement for story of the world, especially since then you won't have to gather to much for the projects.

I Would also pick and choose a couple of literature units from MBTP, I think they are great literature guides and are great for enrichment.

http://www.movingbeyondthepage.com/purchase/languageArts.aspx?purchaseTab=Language%20Arts

As for science I struggle with that one myself, but Nancy Larson Science & Elemental Science have intrigued me. No decisions for next year though...LOL!