Menu

Online writing class rec?

My 8th grade daughter has mastered logic style outlines w/ biographical and topic summaries. She struggles when I correct her persuasive essays, bc "it feels like you are mad at me."

SO, I am looking at Write at Home essay 1 workshop starting later this month. Next year (9th) she would take essay 2, and both research paper workshops. Better choice? I only want persuasive essays, no fiction or book reports....

I think she will take AP English/Comp in 10th. She scored crazy high on her Sat cr and writing last year, through Duke Tip. I think she is a capable writer and we like the WTM writing philosophy. We are both weary of my constant chastisements to use active voice and stronger, varied verbs. Etc.

Thanks for any advice!

We used Laurel Tree Tutorials in 10th grade. I highly recommend Rebekah Randolph. You may read my review here.

P.S. Ds earned an A in CC Honors Composition 1 last semester... :hurray:

Thanks, I saw her syllabus includes creative writing, which I want to avoid. I'll keep it in mind bc she does get great reviews when I search the boards.

Anyone else have a rec for academic, persuasive essays class online?

Write at Home looks like a fit, but has mixed reviews when I searched the boards. Some reviews don't like that the essay workshop work on 2 essays, and just read Lively Art of Writing without instruction? They are 8 week workshops, so 2 papers might be ok imo. Any thoughts?