Menu

Natural health and cleaning products

MomtoCandJ

I have found a ton on pinterest, actually. I was skeptical at first but there have been a lot of happy campers with the homemade laundry detergent.

Ive found everything from shampoo, lotion, deoderant, to fabric softener and your own version of oxiclean.

If you are looking into buying healthy products, Melaleuca is a decent brand. I haven't used the stuff in YEARS but we had it around the house when I was a kid and my mom loved it. Some moms at our co-op swear by it.

Also, I know its pretty much universal knowledge but there are a ton of vinegar solutions that make great cleaners for just about anything.

• 4 weeks later...

Frontier online. I don't remember if they still put out paper catalogs. For $10 you can form a buying club with a few friends, and they carry all of the major natural brands at a substantial discount. At one time I ran one; now a local friend runs one. Free shipping over $250, which isn't that hard to hit with a few people, or if you are investing in a bunch of products and starting with natural stuff. I used to purchase my Rainbow Light prenatal vitamins there for a fraction of the price of Whole Foods. I think I saved 10 or 15 per bottle. For us, it really makes it more affordable to use natural products. They also sell things like bulk teas, bulk sea salt, coconut oil, that type of thing. They don't carry a ton of "food" but do carry some of the things I mentioned.

We also clean with a lot of DIY products like baking soda, vinegar, and essential oils. I also like Bon Ami as a scrub for things where baking soda isn't enough. That is like a cheap, more natural version of Comet.