Menu

Geometry: A Guided Inquiry w/ Math Without Borders?

I am really struggling with picking a geometry curriculum for next year. Ds loves math, wants a STEM-type career, and is going beyond my ability to teach well. (Algebra this year has really challenged me to the point where I feel I may be doing him a disservice if I continue to be his sole math instructor.)

I am considering Geometry w/ Math Without Borders, but have not found many reviews. Is there a reason why this program is not popular? Is this a good Geometry program? If not, what might be a better text w/ a DVD or online class?

Thank you.

I am really struggling with picking a geometry curriculum for next year. Ds loves math, wants a STEM-type career, and is going beyond my ability to teach well. (Algebra this year has really challenged me to the point where I feel I may be doing him a disservice if I continue to be his sole math instructor.)

I am considering Geometry w/ Math Without Borders, but have not found many reviews. Is there a reason why this program is not popular? Is this a good Geometry program? If not, what might be a better text w/ a DVD or online class?

Thank you.

Listening in as I am considering this for next year, also.

I haven't used it yet, but right now it is my top choice for geometry. We have to get through Algebra first though.

You might have better luck posting this in the high school forum. Geometry is a high school level class and most of us folks with middle school students are just trying to pick pre-algebra and algebra.

I am interested in what others say. I was under the impression that the Math Without Borders program is popular.