Menu

How healthy do you eat while pregnant?

I.Dup.

126 members have voted

1. 1. How healthy are your eating habits while pregnant?

• I cut out all (or almost all) white flour, sugar, diet drinks, and anything else that could possibly be bad for baby. I think this is absolutely necessary and should be a priority for all pregnant women.
    • I focus on getting as much protein as possible while still indulging in junk food when I want to.
    • I admit that I did eat a lot of fast food and/or junk food while pregnant and I feel guilty about that.
    • I admit that I ate a lot of fast food and/or junk food while pregnant and I don't feel guilty about that- my baby was and is fine.
    • I ate whatever I want (or could eat, when not sick) when pregnant and don't worry about what or how much.
    • I ate a really great balance of healthy foods while only occasionally indulging in a treat (once a week or less).
    • I was too sick to eat anything throughout much of my pregnancy and lost tons of weight.
    • Obligatory other.

I voted other. With my first pregnancy, I was 21, newly married, and newly self-sufficient. We ate out all the time. I didn't really cook. The midwife helped me with a plan, but I found it difficult because I didn't cook, and I worked full time. So, I started choosing healthier things when we went out. I only gained 20 lbs. During. I craved anything drenched in Balsamic Vinegar and cherry limeades from Sonic.

With my second, I lost 10 lbs. the first 3 months. The only things I could stomach were Jelly Bellys and french fries. After that, I ate very healthy. Except at my baby shower. And Promise Land chocolate milk.

When I was pregnant I ate whatever I could keep down. Sometimes I chose one food over another because one wouldn't taste as bad when/if I vomitted. Dairy products were always bad in vomit. Morning sickness lasted 7 or 8 months with each pregnancy and I keys had at least one trip to the er for an IV. Pregnancy didn't like me.