Menu

Help me clean my new floors!

jeninok

Red Clay may be the death of me, earlier today I thought it would be factoring..I now realize it is probably going to be the clay!

Short version: :confused1:

Is there some point when vacuuming when stuff stops actually coming up out of the carpet?

If so would having them professionally cleaned help me actually get to that point?

For those of you with large areas of tile floor, how do you clean it?

Long version: :coolgleamA:

We just recently moved into our new house, and it has carpet on the stairs, landing and in the bathrooms. The downstairs is large with 16x16 tile which is actually harder to clean than I thought it would be!

I haven't had carpet since I rented in my very early 20's and it was cheapo apartment carpet. In our old house I just used a ShopVac for everything since it was all wood, and I could drag it around with me and vacuum up everything!

For the new house I got a Eureka Bagless with a Hepa Filter, not high end at all, but it seems to be doing a pretty good job, based on the amount of stuff I am pulling out into the canister. We have had carpenters and painters in and out, sanding, and making messes.

Until it warms up so we can pour concrete and grow grass we also have a serious issue with Red clay getting tracked in constantly.

Plus two dogs, and 3 cats. And DS, and the neighborhood kids coming in and out. I would prefer shoes off to go upstairs, but I'm not comfortable asking people to go barefoot on the cold hard tile downstairs.