Menu

Can You Recommend a Pillow?

Paige

DH and I had sleep innovations pillows that we loved. They had one side w/memory foam and the other side was a regular pillow. When my in laws babysat overnight, my MIL just loved the pillows and said she had never slept so well. DH graciously gave his to her thinking we'd just buy another. We've ordered 2 replacements of supposedly the exact pillow from 2 different stores and they must have cut costs by making a cruddy pillow these days. The new ones look nothing like our older ones and are about half the size and with much cheaper materials. Even the tags are much lower quality.

I'm not so generous as to give mine to him, but I'd really like to find DH a new one that he likes. I could spend a little more $$ on a really good one and call it a Valentine's present, but it is so risky. You can't tell what they are really like without feeling them out of the bag and then you can't return them. We've tried latex ones and they are too bouncy. He doesn't like contoured ones. Plain memory foam is too hard. Down and fiber alone are too soft. He's the prince and the pea and has been searching for a while. Anyone have a life altering favorite?

I love our Tempurpedic pillows. We got them at Bed Bath and Beyond. They were only about $120 each, but you can always find the coupons for BB&B for 20% off. Only thing I don't like is they are regular pillow lenght. I wish they came in king pillow lenght. I need to go buy two more but haven't gotten that far yet. But they are wonderful.