Menu

Reason #1 Why you should Always, ALWAYS, have a clean house!

Unicorn.

Call me crazy, but sometimes I get this vision of CPS coming and checking to see how many days' dishes are in the sink. It is a bit of a motivator when I need it (I usually am not that bad). Not that I have done anything to deserve a visit from CPS, but from what I've heard, you never know . . . .

psst...me too. ;)

Call me crazy, but sometimes I get this vision of CPS coming and checking to see how many days' dishes are in the sink. It is a bit of a motivator when I need it (I usually am not that bad). Not that I have done anything to deserve a visit from CPS, but from what I've heard, you never know . . . .

This thread has reminded me of the only time that we've had police in our house, and I was suprised to see it had NOT gotten into my eldest child's CPS file (which I got to read last year during court).

It was years ago when this dd was a babe and dd the elder was a total mess with a year of steroids.

She's been screaming all day, so was outside with the back door locked, trying to kick it down.

She'd been screaming for months, but even for her was having a bad day.

Her father left the house for another long walk and eventually I took the baby and sat in the park opposite to just get a break.

I saw a police car slowly circling, waved them down and asked if they were looking for the screaming child.

They were and were very suprised when I walked them over, took them in and told them she was mine.

Anyway, they spent time with child and she eventually calmed down enough to stop screaming.

While they were doing that I looked around at the lounge they'd just walked through. Not only messy, but the dog had earlier run in, peed on the carpet and run out, so things were pushed back and carpet rolled up, 1/2 mopped, bucket still sitting there etc.

The 'incident' still didn't make her CPS file though, even with me asking them if they had ANYwhere safe to take her in case I lost my temper with her. They agreed they didn't, apologised and left.

So I think you may be able to delay your move to Alaska.

(Or move to Australia instead.)

ETA: Mind you, if you really need CPS to do anything to actually protect children, or investigate things, don't come here.

They are carp.

Edited by Pod's mum