Menu

To use free score reports or not to use free score reports...(SAT 2)

Ds is taking some SAT Subject Tests tomorrow (Math 1, Biology, probably will postpone the Literature). He's taken College Algebra and Trigonometry and Biology at CC and gotten As in all.

I planned on sending his scores (for free) to the NCAA, NAIA, and 1 school that we've visited that requires them of homeschoolers.

I am having second thoughts because ds has neglected to do any sort of preparation. I did get him to agree to sit down and we both did a Math 1 practice test. Interestingly enough, we both got 26 right. I got 2 wrong, he got 14 wrong. He didn't know that he would be penalized for wrong answers, so it was good we practiced at least one. Assuming 26 right, that's a score of 540. I've heard (somewhere) that 600 is respectable. Is that right? To get 600, you need 33 right and 0 wrong.

Am I being overly nervous about how he'll do on the subject tests? Or should I wait to see the scores before I send the scores? It costs $11. I'm not sure if that's per test or if $11 will get all scores on a particular date to a school. The money isn't an issue.

:willy_nilly:

ETA: Maybe I should have searched first. I found this thread and the links pretty much answered my question. 540 would be 20%. Eek!