Menu

Core Knowledge Worksheets???

tomandlorih

Awhile back at a free curriculum exchange, I found some great worksheets for K-1st that specifically identified themselves as Core Knowledge.. no other identifying markings. I would really, really love to find these again and maybe they have other grades as well?? I cannot get ahold of CK customer service so I turn to the Hive's collective knowledge! The only place I see on the CK website that has anything close to worksheets is the "Instructional Masters" in the Teacher Handbooks. Just looking for anything you can tell me. Thanks!!

I have the CK Instructional Masters for Grades 1-5 -- they come packaged with the Teacher Handbooks. At the bottom of each page, they say Master #__ and Grade __ Subject; and © Core Knowledge Foundation. Is that what you are asking about?

I haven't checked the CK website recently, but my belief is that they are only sold with the TH. In any case, that is how I got mine. Let me know if you have any questions -- I'm happy to help!

I have sometimes used other worksheets that are part of the CK lesson plans posted on CK site and elsewhere. A lot of them are really good, although it make take some searching to find ones that you like. That could be another way to go.

I have the CK Instructional Masters for Grades 1-5 -- they come packaged with the Teacher Handbooks. At the bottom of each page, they say Master #__ and Grade __ Subject; and © Core Knowledge Foundation. Is that what you are asking about?

I haven't checked the CK website recently, but my belief is that they are only sold with the TH. In any case, that is how I got mine. Let me know if you have any questions -- I'm happy to help!

I have sometimes used other worksheets that are part of the CK lesson plans posted on CK site and elsewhere. A lot of them are really good, although it make take some searching to find ones that you like. That could be another way to go.

Those are the ones I was referring to! About how many are there per grade?? Are they fairly comprehensive?? I mean, are there worksheets for all subjects for example? And it would be great if there were worksheets for most of the topics. Thanks for your help!!

Those are the ones I was referring to! About how many are there per grade?? Are they fairly comprehensive?? I mean, are there worksheets for all subjects for example? And it would be great if there were worksheets for most of the topics. Thanks for your help!!

I have to rush off now, so I'll answer quickly, but I can give you more detail about a specific grade later, if you wish. Each grade's packet is about 1/2" thick. That includes both the masters and 4-to-a-page answer sheets.

There are worksheets for all subjects, but not for all topics. The masters supplement, but it is not as though the collection were like an accompanying workbook, the way the SOTW Activity Book worksheets are. For grade 1, for example, there are 15 masters for LA, 13 for History, 5 for Visual Arts, 9 for music, 18 for science, none for math. In History, there is one master for Egypt (hieroglyphs), nothing for Mesopotamia.

All in all, I'd say that the masters are a nice extra touch, but probably not worth spending money on by themselves. The Teacher Handbooks, on the other hand, are absolutely superb. IMO, they are an enormous help for teaching CK -- much, much better than simply using the NTK books. CK has some samples on the site. Before I ordered, I asked for -- and got -- a bigger sample, because I wanted to see how a whole chapter played out.

Thanks again for your help Alessandra. Just as a side note for anyone else who may read this or search for it later.. My friend talked to CK's Customer Service today and was told that the worksheets are available separately for $15 per grade + S&H. Not on the website, though, you have to call.