Menu

Quick grammar review needed

I need a resource to use with my daughter for a quick grammar review before she takes her college entrance test for dual enrollment. She went through all of Analytical Grammar and did well, but hasn't been using the high school review book. Needless to say when she picked it up today she felt lost. She would like something she could use for about 4 weeks to review. Prefers book/workbook style, nothing online.

Any recommendations?

Couldn't she just look at the answers in the back to refresh her memory for the first exercise or two? The answer key refers you back to certain sections of the AG to help you. It even points out specific comma rule numbers if you don't remember. At least she would be familiar with the way the curriculum works.

Do you know which test she is taking? If you have specifics, it might be possible to find sample questions online.

Regards,

Kareni

This is for her college entrance exam that she will be taking soon so she can dual enroll next year.

This is for her college entrance exam that she will be taking soon so she can dual enroll next year.

The local community college here uses the Accuplacer test; other colleges use the Compass. Both of these tests are fairly common. Do you know if her college uses either of these? If so, we could probably locate some sample problems.

Regards,

Kareni

The local community college here uses the Accuplacer test; other colleges use the Compass. Both of these tests are fairly common. Do you know if her college uses either of these? If so, we could probably locate some sample problems.

Regards,

Kareni

Thanks Kareni. I need to call and actually go down and talk to someone about their dual enrolment process. All of my information has come from other moms that have just gone through the process. There might even be something on their webiste about what kind of test it is. I will check that too. I am usually way more on top of things than this, but going through an unexpected divorce has thrown me off a bit. Can't wait to get back to normal...whatever that is going to be. :tongue_smilie:

Sending positive thoughts your way.

Regards,

Kareni

Thank you. :001_smile:

During this whole thing I haven't been able to get on the boards much. I can't tell you how much I have missed everyone here. I know I can always come here for questions and support. :001_smile: