Menu

Dictation Book?

MeghanL

I know that I *could* use a book we are currently reading and have my child copy a sentence from that...but I'm worried it won't be challenging enough and/or not really get harder.

Does anyone know of a dictation book I could buy that has sentences laid out from beginner to more advanced?

I've used Spelling Wisdom and found there to be quality selections with that. You may want to give thought to which level you buy, but I think there are samples online. I'm sure there are free websites out there for that kind of thing too, but I bought the PDF version of this long ago for my olders and still use it with the youngers.

ETA: Most entries come from classic literature, I think, although there are definitely some Bible verses for sure and sometimes just sayings or quotes from famous people in history.

I know that I *could* use a book we are currently reading and have my child copy a sentence from that...but I'm worried it won't be challenging enough and/or not really get harder.

Does anyone know of a dictation book I could buy that has sentences laid out from beginner to more advanced?

I have this dictation book. I recently got it to go with Spelling Plus by the same author. I haven't gotten to start yet though. The dictation book samples at Rainbow aren't very good, and they aren't all that hot at Susan's website either....but at least page 2 of her sample shows what it's like.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing these resources.Could anyone tell me for which grades these books can be used?esp.lessons for writing from dictation and Dictation Day by Day: A Modern Speller ?

How many times do you use these books per week?and duration per day?just curious?

Thanx.....