Menu

Need a recommendation

Mom2OandE

Next year I'm hoping to wrap everything up in a pretty little bow. We are doing world geography and I'm planning all of our subjects to correlate with the country we are studying. I need science recommendations though. I was thinking of studying either regional animals or famous scientist or inventors from that country. I'm really pretty open. Thanks for the recommendations.

We used Galloping the globe as a base for this. For the animals I used Zoobooks. I had most of them already because I had been subscibing for years--i wouldn't recommend subscribing just for this. There were puzzlle type worksheets for the animals which we enjoyed. Janice Van cleave has a good inventor's and scientist book which could be pulled in. We did some cooking too.

They recommend a Christian science book with galloping that we found coordinated oddly well. It is Considering God's Creation by eagle wing publishers. We loved it--filled with great hands on science crafts which actually explain how things work.

Geography Songs is regional by continent and a great way to learn all the countries names.

The secret to this for me was managing to resist my desire to have each continent have the very same activities. I had to use the great material I found when I found it. It was Ok to not have the same categories all filled for every continent or country. Part of the fun was the newness daily.

Trail Guide to World Geography might have what you are looking for. They have mapping and ideas for study: animal, writer, artist, or other famous people, geography features, and lots more.

Trail guide is what we are using for our spine. I'm fitting a lot of other things in too.