Menu

Sonlight B, C, or B+C?

aprilsblessings

I am breaking up my overview of world history/geography post questions to hopefully hear more specifics...

Sonlight's Intro to World History looks something like what I am thinking but I am more questioning of their book choices. (We like to wait on tough topics until kids are older but still think there are plenty of books to use beyond just American history when they are young.) I also am not that interested in doing the Intro for two years but like the books that are in the separate years better than the books in the B+C option.

If you have used Core B, C, or B+C can you tell me which books are questionable? Is B+C too old for my two oldests? It looks like the age goes up from B, but B+C and C are the same.

We are using B now, nearly done, and I have a 6yo (7 in March). I did not see anything that I was unhappy with nor that I couldn't explain simply. We will not begin Core C until late spring or early summer and I haven't reviewed all of those books as of yet. I think your two older dc would be fine with either one. I prefer the two cores instead of the combined one because I like the extra books and it doesn't seem like we're rushing through that time period.