Menu

Mr. Q or ES physics?

In light of the sale this week at mr. Q.... I had already planned to use ES physics next yr but then I just had to go look at the mr. Q website and well... Now I'm seriously considering using that! I should seriously purchase it this week if I'm gonna though, right? How do these 2 compare? Can they be used together? Does ES ever go on sale? I really like using real books and other than the PDF student and teacher guides in ES we do get to use real books. The lessons are quick and easy, so are the experiments and extra projects. I DON'T KNOW what Tj expect with Mr. Q's course. It seems more textbook like and if have to read it on the computer screen or iPod. That could be a big negative. There's just something about holding a real book that really appeals to me and my children.

I just bought Mr. McQ's Chemistry for next year with my third and sixth graders (and my kindergartener, who won't be left out!), and I'm really excited about it. It is a little textbooky, but it seems like an easy read, though a lot of information crammed in. I took honors classes, and I see stuff in Mr. McQ that I didn't learn until at least 8th grade, if not 10th. I'm interested in it because it's systematic and has all the stuff done for me already. Science is not my strong point. I think we'll probably supplement with library books.

I find it really difficult to hold a paper book myself; I have really tiny hands for an adult and am often holding at least one little guy in my arms. Being able to read on a tablet has made things SO much easier on me. So PDFs are really appealing to me. (Mr. McQ is something like 900 pages, between the student and teacher books, so if you print, you have to take that cost into consideration.)

I don't know anything about the other program; this is just my impression of Mr. McQ. I think if you're really science-y, it may not be for you. But I'm really excited about it for my needs. :)