Menu

Dr. Hive: Natural progesterone cream, not sure how many days to use...

dsmith

I'm reading the suggested application on the back of the bottle, and it has a pre-menopause dosage of 1 tsp. daily for 14 days, starting the 12th day after the period starts. The post-menopause dosage states 1 tsp. for 21 consecutive days of the month. While I haven't had a period in about 3 months, it's too early to say I am in menopause, although I'd better be after going through this carp!! :tongue_smilie: Would it be wise to start out with a 14 day trial for a few months and see what happens, or go right to the 21 days?

I'd go straight to the full course. I currently use from day 12-28, but at 49 my body is just now beginning to ponder the whole menopause thing. I've used progesterone cream for 12 years now, although my period has FINALLY become regular, now, at the end. :cursing: So, I'm using it about every 3 months now (for 14 days) just to keep things moving along nicely.

Thanks for the reply. I think I will try the 21 day course. If I suddenly get my period again (which I'd better not!!) I can always drop to the shorter cycle.

I'd go straight to the full course. I currently use from day 12-28, but at 49 my body is just now beginning to ponder the whole menopause thing. I've used progesterone cream for 12 years now, although my period has FINALLY become regular, now, at the end. :cursing: So, I'm using it about every 3 months now (for 14 days) just to keep things moving along nicely.