Menu

Bloggers that use CLE

mlgbug

i keep going back to look at CLE......

Anyone here blog and use cLE for both math and Language arts? Id love to get a better idea on their program. I feel like they are "ahead" of public school so i would want to start from the begining of grades 2 and possible slowly start grade 1 with my son....or wait.

anyone LOVE their things and use alot of them?

i keep going back to look at CLE......

Anyone here blog and use cLE for both math and Language arts? Id love to get a better idea on their program. I feel like they are "ahead" of public school so i would want to start from the begining of grades 2 and possible slowly start grade 1 with my son....or wait.

anyone LOVE their things and use alot of them?

This is our first year using CLE language arts and so far I love it for older DD. She's 9 and a late bloomer, so I started her with 100 and she's doing beautifully. She's requested that we continue with this program for next year. There is *no way* she'd have been ready for it at 6. Not a chance. The level would have been just right for younger DD last year when she was 7.

We're also using CLE math 300 with 9 yo DD and it's not working well. I love how it explains things, but there are just too many pages per lesson (usually 4, with lots of illustrations, about 20 - 25 actual math problems) and it overwhelms her. Our compromise is that I set the timer for 15 minutes and she works diligently during that time. Then, she picks up where she left off the next day. She gets about 1/2 a lesson completed per day. I'll probably use something else next year.

Hopefully you'll also get some responses from folks who have used it longer and with younger kids.

I think I've used all levels of LA by now between the guys. Yes, in 100 there is a lot of pages. I remember there were days when we didn't get a full days work done. I would also often skip pages/sections that were either mastered or I'd only do some of the phonetic spellings. This made it more manageable. What we did here was to just do what got done before my guy got tired. I would hand hold for grade one. It likely took an extra month or two to get through. I found that while initially they had a difficult time with the work, they picked up steam with practice and by the end of grade 1 they could handle the work well. While you could jump in at level 2, you will need to be diligent to make sure you help and teach any 'gaps' that she may have. I started my olders in level 5 and had to do that.

Beyond that, it is a good solid program. I can't easily compare to the American schools, but it is likely a bit ahead of Ontario schools. Because Canadian schools use a different approach to grammar and do NOT diagram, I'm currently reviewing whether or not to adapt some of the work for my youngers.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I'm using 1 for my 5 year old. Just math

He is flying through the first light unit but I love it

I'm at 205 with my 7 year old in math Nd finally we are seeing New concepts

For la we are in 202 , and goin right through beautifully

We are cle alot