Menu

Physics video?

I've given up on Conceptual Physics - I'm having trouble keeping up with the material and so is my 15yo. I'm moving him to a co-op physics class for the spring; he's my liberal arts guy. My younger 13yo son is my science-minded student. He's made it half-way though the CP book with me and I'm thinking about just having him do physics videos in the spring and maybe keep reading CP. Is that too lame? He loves science and is naturally very curious, so he isn't passively watching. He will take high school physics again after trig (he's just starting Alg II now) so this isn't his HS physics, just an exposure to it.

Any suggestions for videos? And maybe a readable text to go along?

I'm looking at The Great Courses: Physics and our Universe, but I'm not sure it is anything special. I wish I could watch a sample lesson. Has anyone used this? I do want something that sticks with the basics - motion, light, electricity, etc... We used the Georgia Public Broadcasting physics videos with CP and the kids weren't crazy about those... but they were free. :D I would expect Great Courses to be better.