Menu

Dairy, soy, and sugar free snacks

Amira

We're having some friends over this afternoon and at the last minute invited someone who can't do dairy, soy, or sugar. She can't eat any of the food I planned and I always have a hard time coming up with things to make her because I don't really have good substitutes around. I've done rice pudding before with honey and coconut milk. Honey is the only sweetener I have that she can eat, and coconut milk is the only dairy sub on hand.

Anyway, I need ideas for either sweet or savory snacks or treats. She certainly doesn't expect anyone to make food just for her, but I'd like there to be at least one thing here she can eat.

I know Trader Joe's has gluten free chips and dips (humus-- isreally good w/fresh fruit or celery & carrots). Most of their foods that are gluten free are labled, also they carry soy cheese. Sprouts has a variety of rice cheeses that are really yummy. They also carry different snacks, and frozen goodies. If you have a hard time finding something in the store just ask for help, most of the people that work there will go out of their way to help.

TJ's is a great idea if I could get there today, but I'm probably going to have to work with what's already in my house. The hummus is a good idea too and I have everything I need to make it. I'll make some flatbread that I know is safe to go with it. And I think I'll make a dish of baked apples with honey and cinnamon.

Thanks for your help!

TJ's is a great idea if I could get there today, but I'm probably going to have to work with what's already in my house. The hummus is a good idea too and I have everything I need to make it. I'll make some flatbread that I know is safe to go with it. And I think I'll make a dish of baked apples with honey and cinnamon.

Thanks for your help!

Sounds delicious!