Menu

Online book for funeral planning?

Slipper

A while back, someone posted a link to a printable book you could use to help plan a funeral. Does anyone have that link? We know that MIL is dying but she refuses to discuss any aspect of it. DH is the executor of her will and also the person in charge of planning her funeral. She has no other family able to do it. I told DH that if she won't plan it, that I will and do it now so we aren't scrambling and trying to figure out what to do.

Thanks.......

good idea to be doing it now. The days after my mom died, we were all so glad that everything was pretty much done. My feelings were cloudy enough without having to make big $$$ decisions right on the spur of the moment. We went to the funeral home, looked over paperwork and handed over a file of photos for the slide show. Mom's clothing was chosen, her arrangements were done, even the life insurance policy was on file for the funeral home to be paid. My dad (even though he's 56) has already got his funeral planned too.

So sorry for the path that you will be walking soon. My mom died 2 yrs ago on the 2nd of January and it was such a difficult thing.