Menu

Sceince for 2nd and 4th not too expensive and includes notebooking?

heidip2p

Can I buy just the IG and then purchase the readers as needed or do I have to purchase the whole kit? We love Sonlight for history and this looks quite similar. :)

I'm pretty sure you can just get the guides. I've even found additional books that go along with the schedule that are easy to sub in. It is really a reading schedule/pacing guide with the occasional recommended activity. It is easy to use as is or plump up with additional books and projects. We are Week 14 into NOEO Bio 1 (2nd Grade) and my daughter and I are both very satisfied with it.

I second Elemental Science. If you just get the teachers book and the nootebook then you can use books your library has that might be similar to what they suggest. The teachers guide tells your the subject covered each day so any book that has a pg on the subject will do. However, the Jan Van CLeave book is needed but most libraries carry her stuff. This course takes 10-15 mins tops, has notebooking, and an experiment a week that does not require expensive supplies. It even has several long tern projects. I think a lapbook is available for this curriculum also.

I'm pretty sure you can just get the guides. I've even found additional books that go along with the schedule that are easy to sub in. It is really a reading schedule/pacing guide with the occasional recommended activity. It is easy to use as is or plump up with additional books and projects. We are Week 14 into NOEO Bio 1 (2nd Grade) and my daughter and I are both very satisfied with it.

Does NOEO include frequent labs/experiments? I like the look of NOEO, but DD is a very hands on type of child!