Menu

Proactiv Question

Negin

my son used proactive for several years. I wished I'd taken him to a dermatologist before spending all that money. So if you are willing to lay out that money then please take your child to the dr first. You don't have to do what they say, but honestly for what we spent on the OTC we could have paid for quite a bit of the drugs that it took to get rid of it.

Proactiv usually works at first and then stops. You can google that.

Try http://www.acne.org/ It's very affordable or you can use drugstore brands and he tells you how much. This is the only thing that has worked for me (including prescription meds from the derm). They have excellent service and quick shipping. I've been on it for 3 years now and it works!

i would look at this website. I tried proactiv and it didn't work. Zinc did seem to help. They will give you three steps you can buy at any drugstore.

Thank you all so much for your very helpful replies. I will get the Equate and follow the acne.org tips as well. I'd like to do both since we'll soon be visiting the U.S. and I need to stock up anyway. If all else fails, within say 3 months, then we'll see a dermatologist. For ds, the most difficult challenge of all is consistency and compliance. He'll follow a regimen for a few days, then he gets all inconsistent and all-over-the-place. It's annoying to say the least.