Menu

Stomach ulcer ?

Joker

What were your symptoms if you've had one? I've had the absolute worst year ever and this just seems like it may be one more thing. I'm just done.

I've never had one but I'm having a weird burning pain in my stomach, but it's not just in one place. It seems to move and is all over but mostly in the middle above my navel. There are some other tummy issues right now as well and I'm just trying to figure this out and avoid the dr - I've basically lived in a drs office all year and I'm tired of it. I read it can be caused by stress and I've had lots of that this year.

I did just have repeat blood work done because my white count has been high but it was finally normal. Would it be normal if I had an ulcer?

I had an ulcer last year at this time. Ulcer symptoms can really vary for people! But I had a very bad stomach ache that didn't differ upright/lying down/ morning/ evening. Mine was wierd in that one day everything was fine, the next day was the onset of pain, just boom like that. I asked the GI doc later about that (didn't make sense to me) but he said that ulcers can show up like that.

My labwork and CT scan did not show an ulcer (they were perfectly normal), even though it turned out to be quite large. It was only seen via endoscopy.

editing to add: while stress can certainly exacerbate the situation, by far and away the vast percentage of ulcers are caused by H. Pylori, and are therefore quite treatable! That's the good news :-). Not like a lot of health problems that drag onnnnnn and onnnnnnn.