Menu

Crafty Christmas

BugsMama

Can we have a crafting/project thread for the holidays?

What are you doing with the kids? Giving as gifts? Lets share ideas!

I'll go first- We made beautiful painted ornaments. I loved this project because it gave us beautiful results with very little mess and effort. I love when you get a big bang for your buck!

Later today, we are bringing out the gingerbread house kit. :D

We are knee deep in projects right now but only a few are being made as gifts. I have several knitting projects going on...a scarf with hood attachment for ds, fingerless gloves and a slouch hat for me. I am also making some baby shower gifts...knitted mary jane booties, a quilt, and a tuck dress.

I am keeping dd sequestered for the remaining days till Christmas because I do not want her sick. Last year she got very sick and Christmas morning was miserable for her. So to keep her busy we hit Hobby Lobby and bought some craft supplies. She will be making a doll quilt with embroidered blocks, needle point frames, and latch hook pillow. She also plans on making a no sew fleece blanket for the baby shower and one for her brother as a Christmas present.

The week of Christmas we might attempt a gingerbread house plus lots of cookie baking.

My knitting projects can be seen at ravelry (laurelmarie)