Menu

region-free dvd player

AngieW in Texas

Guest inoubliable

My 17yo desperately wants a region-free dvd player. She is really into anime and many of the shows she watch have come out with an English dub only for Australia and she needs a region-free dvd player for that.

Any recommendations?

We have this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004BI6MVS/ref=oh_details_o00_s04_i02

It's worked fantastically for us.

My 17yo desperately wants a region-free dvd player. She is really into anime and many of the shows she watch have come out with an English dub only for Australia and she needs a region-free dvd player for that.

Any recommendations?

We had one we got at Best Buy or Circuit City that cost about $30 and lasted a number of years, then died. Then I couldn't find another in a B&M store, so I just googled for it on the internet, and found a site that basically hacks regular players to make them multiregion (it's just a software fix; there's no reason other than someone deliberately writing code to prevent it that all players shouldn't be region free). I got one with a multiregion DVD player combined with a NTSC VCR - since our VCR was on its last legs as well. It's been a few years, I wouldn't bother worrying about exact model, just look around and see what's out there now. You should be able to find something decent and inexpensive.