Menu

Kidproof stapler?

momto10blessings

I've had the same cheap swingline stapler for over 20 years. My kids use it when they need to, but they were homeschooled in elementary and didn't have a true 'need' for regular stapler access until they were at least 9. HOW are they managing to break a stapler? If it helps, our library keeps their stapler on a light chain in a central location. You pretty much HAVE to use the stapler correctly and move on. Alternatively, you can get the kids those staplers that don't use staples. I'll bet they don't jam. They somehow make the paper fold and stick together.

I've had the same cheap swingline stapler for over 20 years. My kids use it when they need to, but they were homeschooled in elementary and didn't have a true 'need' for regular stapler access until they were at least 9. HOW are they managing to break a stapler? If it helps, our library keeps their stapler on a light chain in a central location. You pretty much HAVE to use the stapler correctly and move on. Alternatively, you can get the kids those staplers that don't use staples. I'll bet they don't jam. They somehow make the paper fold and stick together.

How do they break the stapler? Because they are boys? 6 of them! I have no idea... A few years ago they were really rough with them and I caught one boy jumping on the stapler to use it because it was not working... The staplers always just seem to fall apart. I was using it the other day and it was working fine. Tried to staple something 5 minutes later and it jammed, opened it up and a spring and another metal piece went flying over my head...

Maybe they are just not making them like they used to?