Menu

Any teacher gift ideas? How about gifts for students? co-op

Michelle My Bell

As a former public school teacher.....I pushed for the "no present" rule as so many children could not afford a present and I would cringe to see their faces when others arrived with a present for the teacher. So, please, if you decide to give a present to the teacher (and I realize co-ops are different than a public school - more personal, etc) than give it to the teacher when no other students are around. That being said (and I'm not trying to be a scrooge at all - just diplomatic!)....great presents are items that the teacher has to pay out of her own pocket for classes.....like a jar of magic markers tied up with a cheery ribbon, stickers or other incentives, construction paper, glue sticks, scissors, a dozen rulers, etc - all of these gifts can be given with a holiday cheer by adding a ribbon or decorating the container or basket!

Myra

Homemade ornaments....super easy!

Fill clear glass bulb with mylar strips (available in various colors, but we used pale pink, they look like Easter grass in a bag, near the party supplies in our craft store). Grab a handful and work it in with the eraser end of a pencil. Find a monogrammed initial sticker made of rhinestones, slap it on, tie a big, matching bow through the top and that's it! Made these a few nights ago with Dd, they turned out darling and super cheap! I found the idea on pinterest. You could fill the bulb with anything, wouldn't have to be the mylar strips. I'm guessing it would be about $3 for each gift, if you used all of the bulbs in the box.

As a former public school teacher.....I pushed for the "no present" rule as so many children could not afford a present and I would cringe to see their faces when others arrived with a present for the teacher. So, please, if you decide to give a present to the teacher (and I realize co-ops are different than a public school - more personal, etc) than give it to the teacher when no other students are around. That being said (and I'm not trying to be a scrooge at all - just dilomatic!)....great presents are items that the teacher has to pay out of her own pocket for classes.....like a jar of magic markers tied up with a cheery ribbon, stickers or other incentives, construction paper, glue sticks, scissors, a dozen rulers, etc - all of these gifts can be given with a holiday cheer by adding a ribbon or decorating the container or basket!

Myra

These are also great ideas, and very useful. I'm not even a teacher, but I would LOVE new, colorful Sharpies, notepads, a good pair of scissors, etc.