Menu

Christmas decorations for the table where you eat

mom31257

and do everything from school to playing games...is it feasible to try to decorate this kind of table? I'd like to do something, but I don't want to have to move, move, move all the time unless it's slide it over. Do you decorate your most used table? I'd love to see pictures!

Well, we do Christmas and Chanukah, so I always make a centerpiece with the menorah for our dining room/school table. You can see it being shoved to the side for a science experiment in this picture. I would do something similar with candles, maybe, if we just did Christmas.

ETA: Here's what it looks like without all the junk, too.

post-11849-0-27685800-1354471167_thumb.jpg

post-11849-0-56961300-1354471271_thumb.jpg

post-11849-0-27685800-1354471167_thumb.jpg

post-11849-0-56961300-1354471271_thumb.jpg

I don't have any pictures, but our table looks a lot like Lynne's - but swap in an advent wreath for the menorah.

We work around it for meals, but we do push it aside (or remove it entirely) for doing school or projects.

If it annoys you to do it, delegate it to one of the kids :) that's what I do when I get tired of doing stuff LOL.

Thanks for the candle ideas and pushing it aside. I went through all my Christmas stuff and found a great candle holder I had forgotten I had. I purchased new candles and a placemat so that I can slide it around easily. The colors look red in my photo, but they are actually a burgandy color.